Hours of Work: Full Time
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 p.a. (dependent on experience).
Location: Dock, Leicester LE4 5NU, UK
Start date: Immediate
Overview of Skills, Experience and Duties
- Lead the delivery of air quality modelling products and services across the company, from city to global scales.
- Lead comparison of EarthSense’s modelling approaches with traditional tools used in the industry (e.g. ADMS).
Develop new techniques for efficient air quality modelling.
- Gather and curate new data sets which inform pollutant emission rates across the world.
- These datasets will include satellite-derived products and open source solutions.
- Automate the delivery of air quality services, ensuring a secure and resilient IT structure.
Soft Skills Sought
- Driven, self-motived and autonomous
- Pragmatic and creative thinker
- Comfortable in fast paced start-up environment
- Comfortable helping with any tasks
- Strong personal integrity
- Good cultural fit within the team and personable
Key Skills, Experience And Qualifications Sought
- Excellent communications.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to programme, or a demonstrable ability to learn such skills effectively.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) and data analytics.
Overview of the Company
EarthSense was formed with the sole aim of enabling the world to understand and solve its air quality issues. We intend to help by providing the most detailed global air quality information, showing real-time exposure and actionable future forecasting that enables decisions and mitigation, for the betterment of human health.
Air quality is a fast-growing area of operation and EarthSense has helped the likes of BBC and ITV promote the dangers of breathing poor air, along with all of our blue-chip, global clients who are taking positive steps to reduce air pollution.
Providing a number of data, software and hardware services, our dynamic team has unparalleled air quality expertise in sensor design, pollution modelling and analysis and we use this to provide advice and support to government and industry globally.
As an outcome of our fast growth, we are looking to recruit a number of highly capable and ambitious individuals, who will enable the next stage of our business evolution, establishing key positions in our exciting company.
As such;we are looking for aSenior Air Quality Modeller to take responsibility for the development of innovative new modelling capabilities to deliver new insight to a global customer base. The role will include support of EarthSense modelling activities as a whole, and development of new methodologies for efficient modelling of global pollutant concentrations.
The successful candidate will be a talented individual with a strong track record of air quality modelling. Previous experience of the traditional air quality modelling market will be an advantage.However, technical capability coupled with personal drive, ambition and leadership qualities will strong influence recruitment selection.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview at our offices at the Dock in Leicester.
The interview will include a requirement to demonstrate previous experience at an appropriate level.
EarthSense is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.
Application is by CV and covering letter, applications with no CV will be disregarded. Please apply for this role via the EarthSense website.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK.