Hours of Work: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 p.a. (dependent on experience).
Location: Dock, Leicester LE4 5NU, UK
Start date: Immediate (flexible depending on candidate)
Overview of Skills, Experience and Duties
- Advise on designs for future PCBs
- Develop new PCB designs, selecting appropriate components, and laying out in a robust design.
- Test prototype boards for correct functionality and ensure easy operational testing once in manufacture.
- Diagnose performance of all new PCB designs and associated electrical components.
- Liaise with manufacturers and produce bill-of-materials for new board designs.
- Develop enhanced testing regimes for boards for in-manufacture and in-field resilience.
- Support existing hardware in operational use, diagnosing complex or edge-case failure modes.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications Sought:
- Experience of designing digital circuits using embedded processors (preferably Atmel AVR type).
- Previous PCB layout experience, using Eagle or equivalent PCB design software, ideally including manufacture and test.
- Testing and problem diagnosis of both analogue and digital electronics.
- Firmware programming (especially in C).
- Experience of designing sensitive analog circuits.
- Experience of interfacing using a variety of buses e.g. I2C, SPI and USART.
- Knowledge of EMC management and testing.
Soft Skills Sought
- Driven and self-motived
- Pragmatic and creative thinker
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Comfortable helping with any tasks
- Strong personal integrity
- Good cultural fit within the team and personable
Overview of the Company
EarthSense was formed with the sole aim of enabling the world to understand and solve its air quality issues.
We intend to help by providing the most detailed global air quality information, showing real-time exposure and actionable future forecasting that enables decisions and mitigation, for the betterment of human health.
Providing a number of data, software and hardware services our young dynamic team has unparalleled air quality expertise in sensor design, pollution modelling and analysis and we use this to provide advice and support to government and industry globally.
Air quality is a fast-growing area of concern and EarthSense has helped the likes of BBC and ITV promote the dangers of breathing poor air, along with all of our blue-chip, global clients whom are taking positive steps to reduce air pollution.
As an outcome of our fast growth, we are looking to recruit a number of highly capable and ambitious individuals, who will enable the next stage of our business evolution, establishing key positions in our exciting company.
We are looking for a talented electronics engineer to join the team to support ongoing development of our Zephyr® air quality sensor technology. This role will have primary responsibility for enhancements to our current PCB designs, improving performance and resilience in our key applications, and developing new products and applications in line with company strategy. We are looking for self-starting, talented and suitably experienced individual, able to deliver new PCB designs to a performance specification, with an aligned test regime, in addition to supporting core activities such as failure mode analysis and returns diagnostics. This role will work directly with our Head of Technology, who has personally designed all current PCBs for EarthSense to date. PCBs are designed in-house, with manufacture sub-contracted, and boards returned to EarthSense for testing. This role will work very closely with a firmware engineer, also currently being advertised.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview at our offices at the Dock in Leicester.
The interview will include a requirement to demonstrate previous experience at an appropriate level.
EarthSense is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.
Application is by CV and covering letter, applications with no CV will be disregarded. Please apply for this job via the EarthSense website.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK