Role: R&D Scientist (product development)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Contract: 2 year fixed term position, with potential for extension.
Location: Coventry, UK.
CytoSwim Ltd. is a University of Warwick spin-out company developing novel technologies in the in vitro fertilisation market. As a well funded start-up company we are committed to deploying innovative methods to improve the success rates in clinical and veterinary fertility programmes.
Main Purpose of the Post:
We are currently recruiting for a skilled R&D scientist to work on industrial R&D and product development. As a University spin-out we offer the successful applicant the chance to work in a challenging and exciting field working on medical devices from an early stage all the way to market. In this role you will help us in developing and refining our game-changing new technologies for use in the assisted reproduction market.
As an R&D Scientist your main responsibility will be to work on our existing polymer chip manufacturing methods, improving upon and refining these techniques in line with product testing and customer feedback. You will also carry out QA and certification testing.
Who we are looking for:
- You have good laboratory experience gained through a minimum of a BSc or MSc in natural sciences or engineering;
- You are meticulous and thorough in your attention to detail;
- Good communication and team-working skills: you are able to communicate openly with colleagues and work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment;
- You are able to work independently and flexibly to meet deadlines;
- Experience working with microfluidics, soft lithography, optical microscopy, or polymer embossing is desirable, as is knowledge of polymer physics or materials science;
- We would consider a gifted recent graduate, though ideally you would have some experience working in a commercial R&D or research setting;
- Applicants should have the right to live and work in the UK.
For this role we offer a competitive salary depending on experience, pension, flexible working, and 28 days’ holiday. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your CV and a cover letter.
Flexible working hours
Reference ID: 001
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £22,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
Experience: R& D experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Education: Master’s (Preferred)