Contract type: Permanent
Location: York, UK or remote working
Abingdon Health is mobilising its rapid test operations in order to scale-up the deployment of rapid diagnostic solutions in response to the global COVID-19 outbreak. Due to significant demand for our services we are recruiting for experienced personnel to join our team immediately.
Abingdon Health is a global leader in the contract development and manufacture of lateral flow rapid tests and reader systems, working on behalf of clients across many industries. Our instrumentation
and app development team have developed benchtop readers and Smartphone based next generation reader technology, such as Abingdon Health’s AppDxTM platform. AppDxTM uses proprietary technology to enhance rapid test results to make monitoring simpler, faster, low-cost and traceable. AppDxTM is a game changer in rapid-testing, with its ability to capture complimentary data such as GPS mapping, patient ID and date stamping for analysis in a central cloud or data-hub. Thus, allowing stakeholders to access and analyse data as part of a streamlined diagnostic process for improved and faster outcome management.
Our team offers you to work on solving challenges not only in quality assurance but design, management and technical domains. You will develop and learn new skills and techniques and gain tangible experience working in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and develop software for measuring lateral-flow tests on smartphones
- Design and develop signal and image processing algorithms in Python/MATLAB/OpenCV
- Collaboratively implement the algorithms in C/C++/Java/MATLAB on a smartphone platform
- Performance optimisation and adaptive architecture design
- Design, plan, execute and report experiments using structured and scientific approach
- Work within interdisciplinary team for product development
- Develop testing and validation processes around developed algorithms
- Good technical and software documentation around development
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to project management/administration processes
- Work within the company’s quality management system for new product development
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Physics,
Mathematics or equivalent domains
- Graduate level candidates must have 2+ years’ experience in industrial or research
- Strong programming skills in Python and C/C++ or MATLAB
- Programming experience in Java or Swift programming language
- Experience working with Jupyter Notebooks and large python projects
- Knowledge of OOD/OOP and design patterns
- Understanding of SOLID principles and architecture patterns.
- Experience working with relevant image and signal processing libraries such as
Numpy/SciPy or OpenCV/Eigen or MATLAB toolboxes
- Understanding or experience with Convolutional Neural Networks is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in image processing, signal processing domain as projects or thesis
- Demonstrated skills to implement algorithms in smartphone platforms
- Proficiency in using Microsoft® Word and Power Point
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
- A proactive attitude, a desire to research and solve problems and create solutions.
- High level analytical capability, and ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Demonstrable excellence in problem solving within fixed timelines
- Flexibility and the ability to effectively work on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, engineers.
- Experience working with Java-Native-Interface (JNI) or C/C++ API in Apple’s XCode IDE
- Prior experience working in a regulated environment (such as ISO 13485/IEC 62304 or
- Experience developing or contributing to smartphone apps for Android or iOS
- Experience in software architecture design with top-down approach.
For all enquiries concerning career opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a Curriculum Vitae (CV).
About Abingdon Health
Abingdon Health is a UK-based developer and manufacturer of lateral flow tests and smartphone
reader solutions. Abingdon Health offers development and manufacturing services for customers
looking to develop new assays or looking to transfer existing laboratory-based assays to a lateral
flow format. Abingdon takes projects from initial concept through to routine and large-scale
Abingdon Health is headquartered in York, England.
For the original job advert please see here.