Start date: Immediate
Location: York, United Kingdom with remote work possible.
Abingdon Health is mobilising its rapid test operations in order to scale-up the deployment of rapid diagnostic solutions in response to the global COVID-19 outbreak. Due to significant demand for our services we are recruiting for experienced personnel to join our team immediately.
Abingdon Health is a global leader in the contract development and manufacture of lateral flow rapid tests and reader systems, working on behalf of clients across many industries. Our instrumentation and app development team have developed benchtop readers and Smartphone based next generation reader technology, such as Abingdon Health’s AppDxTM platform. AppDxTM uses proprietary technology to enhance rapid test results to make monitoring simpler, faster, low-cost and traceable. AppDxTM is a game changer in rapid-testing, with its ability to capture complimentary data such as GPS mapping, patient ID and date stamping for analysis in a central cloud or data-hub.
Thus, allowing stakeholders to access and analyse data as part of a streamlined diagnostic process for improved and faster outcome management.
Our team offers you to work on solving challenges not only in quality assurance but design, management and technical domains. You will develop and learn new skills and techniques and gain tangible experience working in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Work within the company’s quality management system for new product development (NPD)
- Create a new NPD process for software development
- Understand scope of quality system regulations for NPD
- Choose, evaluate and help validate the quality management software for software
- Pro-actively managing multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Designing, creating and delivering project work plans and revising/modifying as appropriate
to meet changing demands throughout the project.
- Identifying or ensuring resource has been identified /is available and assigning
responsibilities and deliverables as appropriate.
- Ensuring project documents are complete, accurate, current, and accessible to the
participants and in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Working alongside R&D, commercial and quality & regulatory team
- Support the timely delivery of projects through to launch liaising with internal and external
- Graduate or Post-graduate degree in Engineering, preferably computer science, information
technology or equivalent domains
- 2+ years’ experience working with technology and product development teams and
- PRINCE2® or PRINCE2® Agile Foundation level certification, Practitioner level is a bonus
- Alternatively, APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) with agile delivery experience
- Alternatively, demonstrated project management applying PRINCE2®/APMP principles with
3+years’ experience in the relevant industry
- Analytical thinking capability, and ability to understand and communicate complex
- High proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
- A proactive attitude, a desire to research and solve problems and create solutions.
- Demonstrable accountability and team player attitude
- Demonstrable excellence in problem solving within fixed timelines
- Ability to project manage within multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, engineers.
- Flexibility and the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Experience working in smartphone-based technology and product development teams and
- Experience with modern QMS software, document control software and team work management software is a bonus.
For all enquiries concerning career opportunities please email email@example.com with
Curriculum Vitae (CV).
About Abingdon Health
Abingdon Health is a UK-based developer and manufacturer of lateral flow tests and smartphone
reader solutions. Abingdon Health offers development and manufacturing services for customers
looking to develop new assays or looking to transfer existing laboratory-based assays to a lateral
flow format. Abingdon takes projects from initial concept through to routine and large-scale
Abingdon Health is headquartered in York, England.
For a link to the original job advert please see here.