The Royal Academy of Engineering runs an Enterprise Fellowship programme which is now open for applications.
This programme provides support to researchers who wish to take their innovation further and establish a spinout company.
All of those accepted onto the programme will receive funding, business skills training and mentoring, and will have lots of opportunities to access the Academy’s networks. The programme is a great opportunity for engineering researchers wishing to transition into business and learn the skills needed to establish their own company.
What do we provide?
- Between £50,000 – £60,000 equity-free funding towards your salary and business costs
- Expert mentoring
- 12 training days and additional learning opportunities
- PR and marketing support
- Access to our co-working and meeting space, the Taylor Centre, in central London
Who is eligible to apply?
- Researchers wishing to spinout a company from a university or research institute
- Recent graduates wishing to create a company
- International PhD students already based in the UK wishing to spinout or startup here
Information on the programme can be found on the website: https://enterprisehub.raeng.org.uk/programmes/
The submission deadline for the first stage application is 19 August, and we’re currently seeking applicants for awards starting January 2020.