Senior Business Development Manager (EarthSense) – Leicester.
About EarthSense and the job.
EarthSense was formed with the sole aim of enabling the world to understand and solve its air quality issues. We intend to help by providing the most detailed global air quality information, showing real-time exposure and actionable future forecasting that enables decisions and mitigation, for the betterment of human health.
Air quality is a fast-growing area of operation and EarthSense has helped the likes of BBC and ITV promote the dangers of breathing poor air, along with all of our blue-chip, global clients who are taking positive steps to reduce air pollution.
Providing a number of data, software and hardware services, our dynamic team has unparalleled air quality expertise in sensor design, pollution modelling and analysis and we use this to provide advice and support to government and industry globally.
As an outcome of our fast growth, we are looking to recruit a number of highly capable and ambitious individuals, who will enable the next stage of our business evolution, establishing key positions in our exciting company.
As such; we are looking for a passionate, energetic, outgoing individual individual to work within our commercial team to assist in the development and closing of sales with new clients in existing and new markets.
- Lead on SaaS and DaaS Go-To-Market strategies
- Build and close a robust sales pipeline to deliver targets in line with the business commercial strategy
- Develop relationships with new strategic partners in line with the business strategy
- Development of new and existing accounts
- Provide and execute on detailed account plans in line with objectives
- Provide sales plans, forecasts and results to the Head of Sales
- Contribute to the overall sales strategy and sales leadership team meetings
- Assisting in the management of day to day sales enquiries including but not limited to quote preparation, literature, tender support, CRM maintenance etc.
- Provide general support to sales team to support meetings and business development efforts as required. Travel within the UK will be required along with occasional overseas travel
Soft Skills Sought
- Well-connected and able to add immediate value
- Driven and self-motived
- Influential, tenacious closer
- Pragmatic and creative thinker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a dynamic fast-paced SME environment
- Experience in communicating multi-culturally
- Strong personal integrity
- Personable and a good cultural fit within the team
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications Sought
- At least 3 years’ experience of selling data and software services into a range of organisations including large corporations and government entities at local, regional, and national level
- Experience in developing Go-To-Market strategies and taking new products to market
- Proven history and successful sales record in a technology sector
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Able to meet targets and deadlines
- Experience of MS Office 365 suite
- Experience in undertaking techno-commercial assessments and developing business cases for new product developments.
- Solid technical background in one of the following; air quality, sensor monitoring, spatial data or data modelling
- Additional languages an advantage
Application is by CV and covering letter, applications with no CV will be disregarded. Please email a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview over a video conference to comply with current COVID-19 social-distancing procedures. The interview will include a requirement to demonstrate previous experience at an appropriate level.
EarthSense is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.