Are you an innovative, high calibre senior design engineer wanting to join a fast-growth technology company in a fast-moving industry? Then look no further!
Lyra Electronics is a small high-tech engineering company working at the cutting edge of power electronics technologies. We specialise in DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of transport and green industries.
We are now looking to recruit an innovative senior electronics engineer to join our busy engineering team and play a key part in the growth and success of our business.
Lyra has invested heavily in the latest test equipment and facilities meaning you will have only the best resources to work with. You will be designing, building and testing power electronics systems writing embedded software to control the hardware where needed from concept to prototype and into production.
- Specification writing and interpretation.
- Circuit design and simulation.
- Prototyping and product development on the bench.
- PCB design from schematics.
- Product / Project documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals).
- Writing software as required (embedded and PC).
- Day-to-day project management and reporting.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers, occasionally working on customer sites with their engineers.
- Testing of existing Lyra products and shipping to fulfil customer orders.
You must be degree qualified in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and possess experience of working in a similar field of Power Electronics. You will have a keen eye for detail, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Good working knowledge of CAN bus communications.
- Practical soldering skills (using a microscope) required for PCB assembly.
- Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience of Matlab / Simulink / LabVIEW / MISRA C an advantage.
- Experience of working with electric vehicles desirable.
- Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture to design validation, preferably for power electronics or electric vehicle electronics.
- Knowledge of designing for high voltages and high currents an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a creative approach to new ideas.
- Proven delivery of goals while working to tight timescales.
- Experience of DFMEA an advantage.
If you’re ready to take on your next challenge and want to work in a small but fast-growing company dedicated to its cause, please apply by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org