Are you an innovative, high calibre senior software design engineer wanting to join a fast-growth technology company in a fast-moving industry? Then look no further!
Lyra Electronics is a small high-tech engineering company working at the cutting edge of power electronics technologies. We specialise in DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of transport and green industries.
We are now looking to recruit a highly-skilled senior embedded software engineer to join our busy engineering team and play a key part in the growth and success of our business.
Lyra has invested heavily in the latest test equipment and facilities meaning you will have only the best resources to work with. You will be developing embedded software for power electronics systems from concept to prototype and into production.
- Specification writing and interpretation.
- Software architecture design.
- Low level firmware development for real time critical peripherals e.g. ADCs, PWMs.
- High level control software
- Communications software.
- Test and validation of software algorithms.
- Product / Project documentation (e.g. design notes, user manuals etc).
- Day-to-day project management and reporting.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers, occasionally working on customer sites with their engineers.
You must be degree qualified in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and possess experience of developing embedded C applications. You will have a keen eye for detail, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of CAN bus communications.
- iOS and Android app development in Qt and QML
- Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience of Matlab / Simulink / LabVIEW / MISRA C an advantage.
- Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture to design validation, preferably for power electronics or electric vehicle electronics.
- Proven delivery of goals while working to tight timescales.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a creative approach to new ideas.
- Experience of DFMEA an advantage.
If you’re ready to take on your next challenge and want to work in a small but fast-growing company dedicated to its cause, please apply by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org