Are you an innovative, high calibre senior design engineer wanting to join a fast-growth technology company in a fast-moving industry? Then look no further!
Lyra Electronics is a small high-tech engineering company working at the cutting edge of power electronics technologies. We specialise in DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of transport and green industries.
We are now looking to recruit a creative senior power electronics engineer to join our busy engineering team and play a key part in the growth and success of our business.
Lyra has invested heavily in the latest test equipment and facilities meaning you will have only the best resources to work with. You will be designing, building and testing power electronics systems from concept to prototype and into production. You will have hands-on involvement all the way!
- Specification writing and interpretation.
- Circuit design and simulation of DC-DC, AC-DC converters using hard, soft and resonant switching techniques.
- PCB design from schematics.
- Power electronics circuit layout.
- Design interface, gate drive and control PCBs.
- Prototyping and product development on the bench.
- Product / Project documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
- Writing embedded control software as required.
- Day-to-day project management and reporting.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers, occasionally working on customer sites with their engineers.
You must be degree qualified in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and possess experience of working in a similar field of Power Electronics. You will have a keen eye for detail, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of CAN bus communications.
Practical soldering skills (using a microscope) required for PCB assembly.
- Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience of Matlab / Simulink / LabVIEW / MISRA C an advantage.
- Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture to design validation, preferably for power electronics or electric vehicle electronics.
- Knowledge of designing for high voltages and high currents an advantage.
- Proven delivery of goals while working to tight timescales.
- Experience of DFMEA an advantage.
If you’re ready to take on your next challenge and want to work in a small but fast-growing company dedicated to its cause, please apply by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org