This workshop is open to entrepreneurs from academic spin out businesses and representatives of Technology Transfer departments from within the MICRA network.
The workshop aims to provide attendees with an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director.
To provide an insight into how to carry out the role effectively and to protect both the individual and the corporation, as far as practical from potential liabilities.
The workshop will cover:
- How the board functions and board member roles
- Running an effective board meeting
- The legal role of directors and their compliance
- Companies Act 2006
- A directors guide to staying out of jail
- Basic statutory and criminal liability
- Director and Officers liability insurance
Registration, refreshments and networking are open at 9:00 for a prompt 09:30 start.
There will be a networking buffet lunch from 13:15
The venue is:
Ingenuity Building, University of Nottingham, Jubilee Campus, Triumph Road, NG7 2TU.