Salary: £35,000-48,000 (depends upon experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full Time
Applications Close: Once positioned filled
Zayndu Ltd is looking for a highly motivated Laboratory Pathologist to lead and manage a lab with focus on vegetable seed health testing. The individual will be responsible for the lab and functioning as manager and technical lead. The individual will work closely with management on laboratory set-up and operation. The successful candidate will oversee the test platform, implementation of standardised industry test protocols, and ensure accuracy of all test results.
The Plant Pathologist will develop & implement protocols for routine seed health testing of all seed species. Individual should be proficient in pathology testing of seeds and seedlings. The candidate will participate in setting up a seed health lab, purchasing equipment, establishing test protocols and guidelines. The individual will participate in hiring of laboratory staff and function as lab manager. The individual will coordinate the lab and testing procedures in accordance with seed industry standards.
- Manage all components of the plant pathology laboratory focused mainly on vegetable seeds.
- Planning, organization, coordination of all responsibilities with a seed health laboratory.
- Development of existing & new test protocol for all vegetable seed diseases in accordance with seed industry standards.
- Serve as lead pathology technical expert for bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Strong organizational skills to manage the lab and “Track & Trace” test environment for all seed samples and their results.
- Evaluating test results for accuracy and ensure timely and proper posting and documentation of results.
- Participate with academic colleagues and experts in seed health testing to improve lab proficiency.
- Conduct research and development projects related to seed health.
- Recruit and train laboratory personnel to meet test demand.
- Interact and collaborate with management team on organizational, budgetary, and capital expenditures.
- Participation on implementing QMS and continuous improvement within the lab.
- Some travel domestically or international for business and industry membership participation.
- PhD in Plant Pathology with 3 years of Lab Supervision or MS in Plant Pathology with 5 years of experience in Laboratory.
- A strong background in Seed Pathology with interests in diagnostics required.
- Self-motivated, decisive candidate who can operate Lab with autonomy.
- Familiarity with Vegetable crop pathogens – Lab and Field environment.
- Familiarity with MS office.
- Professional clear communication, verbal & written & strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, track and manage lab pathology.
- Works well with team environment.
- Shows personal initiative and able to portray and promote a positive image of the company’s vision, mission and values.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) like lab coat, safety glasses, & gloves.
- Occasional light lifting of lab materials required < 25kg.
- Must be able to work under multiple environmental conditions, office, lab, greenhouse, and field.
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Plant Pathology: 2 years (Preferred)
- PhD (Preferred)
To apply for this role please see the advert on Indeed.